Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fat and Poor (Pour?)

When I found out in March that I was lucky enough to match with my residency program in Denver, I immediately put into place not a plan to get licensed as a pharmacist in Colorado, nor a plan to move all of my belongings across the country, but a plan to eat at all of the delicious restaurants I could get to in Philly.  Dubbed: fat and poor. 

I have to say, I did well by my mouth and my social calendar, but my wallet and my waistline suffered.  Overall - worth it!  I documented at least a portion of this eating extravaganza with my sub-par camera phone for your viewing pleasure.

 This is probably the most delicious chicken and polenta I've ever eaten - compliments of Fork

This plate full of deliciousness is the pollo alla fontana from the unexpected but adorable BYOB La Fontana Della Citta 



I think my favorite dining experience was at Lolita, a center city BYOT - that's bring your own tequila - and they'll put it right to work making an amazing pitcher of fresh fruit margarita goodness.  They also serve up huge bowls of incredible guacamole and main dishes (I ordered off the daily special menu which was a great choice).



One of the last places I visited was Pumpkin for the prix fixe Sunday night tasting menu.  My recommendation is to bring a friend, get 1 of everything, and bring on the sharing!  Everything was so delicious, and as is designed, the tasting menu gave me a chance to make some excellent discoveries.  For example, while this chocolate cake creation was incredible, the runaway dessert was a panna cotta that neither Beth or I were particularly excited about (since it didn't contain chocolate, of course).

 Best burger ever consumed.  Village Whiskey - go immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment